He’ll personal began his profession attain lend a hand in 1986 nonetheless there’s no signal of Kazuyoshi Miura slowing down yet – the Fifty one-year-old has signed a new contract with Eastern aspect Yokohama FC.
The striker, who received the closing of his 89 Japan caps some 19 years ago, will now play within the Eastern 2d division unless no longer no longer as a lot as the age of fifty two – an age he reaches subsequent month.
“I will no longer waste it for one minute, one 2d,” he stated.
“I mediate that I opt to toddle face to face with football and toddle to daily training with most energy.”
Miura used to be born within the same month as Italy myth Roberto Baggio, who retired in 2004, and broke Stanley Matthews’ file as the oldest legitimate to rating a purpose in 2017.
He did no longer rating in nine appearances within the 2018 season, which noticed Yokohama lose within the play-offs.
- In 1982, dilapidated appropriate 15, Miura left Japan to commute to Brazil to pursue his football dream. He used to be in the end signed by Santos, for whom he made his legitimate debut in 1986 on the age of 19.
- Miura left Santos for Palmeiras later that very same year. Indubitably one of his team-mates at Palmeiras used to be Mirandinha, who in 1987 grew to change into the first Brazilian to play in English football after becoming a member of Newcastle United for £575,000.
- Miura used to be high scorer and MVP of the inaugural Eastern J.League season in 1993, seeing off well-known particular person imports equivalent to Gary Lineker and Zico to both accolades.
- His J.League exploits noticed him change into the first Eastern recipient of the Asian Participant of the Year award in 1993.
- He made his Japan debut in 1990 and fired the country to their first ever World Cup look in 1998 by scoring 14 targets in qualifying. Alternatively, he used to be controversially disregarded from the last squad for France and retired from international football two years later, having scored fifty five targets in 89 appearances.
- He has played in Europe for Genoa and Dinamo Zagreb, a hit the Croatian league title with the latter in 1999.
- Joined most in vogue club Yokohama FC as a 38-year-old in 2005. Has since revamped 250 league appearances for the club.
Gain the total most in vogue football transfers on our devoted internet page.